If you are looking for a companion in Miami, I’ve got you covered. This guide will talk about all of the most important details you need to know about sex, dating, and everything in between, in Miami, Florida. I leave no stone unturned, and provide the good, the bad, and the downright dirty details of the Magic City.
Dating in Miami, Florida
What is the dating scene like in Miami, you ask? First off, let’s take a look at what type of people live in Miami so you can know what sort of potential flavors you can get into. If you like Latinas, you are in luck, there are plenty of smoking hot Latinas in Miami.
Miami Demographics and Population
According to Wikipedia, the greater Miami area has a population of 6.1 million people. This is a bit deceiving because the “Greater Miami Metropolitan” includes Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties. Most people are used to traveling 20-30 minutes to someone across town for a date, but including Palm Beach County, which can be well more than an hour from Miami, is a bit of a stretch. However, when people say “Miami,” for numbers and populace sake, they usually identify themselves from West Palm Beach and down. It’s worth nothing that Miami and Fort Lauderdale, both very bustling, thriving cities, are only 20 minutes from one another and many people live in one city and work in the other, so it’s not uncommon to date someone who lives in another county.
As far as the type of people who live in Miami, Hispanic or Latino makes up 70% of the populace. There are under 20% categorized as Black or African American, and less than 1% Asian. The remaining number is Caucasion, so you can see how many Latinos dominate the Miami area.
The Latinos come from all over Central and South America, as well as the Caribbean.
In the 2010 Consensus, the breakdown as far as the residents of Miami who were Latin identified from the following countries:
- Cuban – 34.4%
- Central American – 15.8%
- South American – 8.7%
- Other 4%
- Puerto Rican 2.4%
- Mexican 1.5%
Although, when you extend into Broward County, it sure does feel like there are many more than 8.7% South Americans. Weston, for example, master-planned city in West Fort Lauderdale, is home to so many Venezuelans that the city is often called “Westonzuela.” Colombians and Venezuelans dominate the also well to do city of Doral, just south of Weston down the Florida Turnpike.
If you like hot Latin women, you won’t do any better than Colombianas and Venezolonas!
The Economy in Miami
Due to the big business that goes on in Miami, often called “The Capital of South America,” there are many wealthy individuals. On the flip side, there are places in some parts of Miami that do resemble the third world architecture and structure of places like Nicaragua, for example. Run down, concrete homes that are lined with steel bars to deter home invaders are quite common, so like Latin America,there is a big gap between rich and poor. I know many of you guys have probably done the Costa Rica sex tour, so you know what I’m talking about. In the dating scene, this just means that there are some thirsty Latinas that would do quite a bit to please a man with a few bucks, which is why sugar daddy dating websites are VERY POPULAR in Miami.
(Recommend sugar daddy sites.)
Where to Meet People in Miami
There are many different places you can meet people in the Magic City. With many pockets of living quarters, there is something for everyone. With so many neighborhoods, you can get anything you want in this town!
- South Beach: home to the rich, famous, and wannabe’s, South Beach is the part of Miami Beach known as 23rd street and South. In this uber rich town, you’ll have it all. Dive bars like The Deuce, Ted’s Hideaway, and Liquor Lounge, all the way up to the upscale night clubs like Mynt, there is something for everyone. Even the fine steak houses like Prime 112 and Papi Steak are sure to bring in all walks of life. From Instagram models, to Russian models, you’ll find every type of person in South Beach.
- Wynwood: a rather new, artistic, up and coming vibe with a lot of sprouting bars and eclectic restaurants, you’ll find more of a hipster and craft beer scene in Wynwood.
- Little Havana: this is as Miami as it gets! Little Havana is just that – a little version of Cuba. The entire surrounding populous is Cuban, and you are just a hop, skip, and a jump from Marlins Park which is the old Miami Orange Bowl. Find everything from vintage, unique cigar lounges, to the uber famous Cafe Versailles, right there on SW 8th street, or “Calle Ocho” as the locals refer to it.
- Brickell: the surge in condos was mostly done in the area people call Brickell, after the main street of Brickell Avenue, which features ground to sky high rises, a financial district, and many bars and restaurants. If the beach is a laid back vibe where flip flops and bikinis rule, Brickell is it’s Wall Street counterpart. Many business professionals choose to live, work, and play in Brickell, including many Miami Heat players.
- Kendall, Doral, & Weston: these are all Latin-dominated towns where you can find vintage Colombian and Venezuelan themed diners, restaurants, and lounges. While Kendall is more working class, the other two are more uppity and home to many Latin athletes.
- Las Olas: this is the main drag of Fort Lauderdale. There are several new high rises there, along with fine dining, bars, high end shopping, and everything in between. There is no shortage of crowds on Brickell on the weekends, and it’s not bad during the week.
- Himmarshee Street & Riverwalk: this is where the younger crowd that likes to take shots hangs out in Fort Lauderdale. Or, the crowd who just wants to get down with a younger crowd in Fort Lauderdale! Located just blocks west of Las Olas, this area is lit on the weekends.
- Aventura: if you are 45 or older, or really into the cougar dating scene, there are fewer better hunting grounds that compare to Aventura. Nearby Sunny Isles Beach provides no shortage of hot Russian women in an area of Miami called “Little Moscow.” Houston’s happy hour is the place to be in Aventura.
- Clematis Street: this is West Palm’s area that rivals Ocean Drive and Las Olas. High end, and lots of things to eat and drink.
- Ocean Drive: the main drag of South Beach, with the ocean on one side, and hustling workers hawking two for one drinks on the other. Ocean Drive is perhaps the world’s greatest tourist trap and cash suck, but it can be a great time.
The Best Bars and Restaurants to Meet People in Miami
In no particular order, here is a list of places that are perfect for meeting people and enjoying some amazing cocktails to get you in the mood.
This is by no means an end all, be all list. I went for variety here, because to be Frank (that’s my name), I could put 10 establishments in each neighborhood and still have plenty left over. That’s just how magical this city is.
Smith & Wollensky: sit at the outdoor bar. Watch the cruise ships pass by. Enjoy the scenery.
The Clevelander: famous bar on 10th and Ocean, home of the ESPN Miami Studio. Absolutely jammed during the weekend, this is South Beach’s highest grossing bar.
Ball & Chain: Cuban bar with live music, the best mojitos, and a lot of flair, right in the heart of Little Havana.
Houstons: Aventura’s prime spot for hunting women, especially cougars.
Blue Martini: if there is a #2 for hunting cougars, it’s definitely the Blue Martini on Sunrise Boulevard near the Galleria Mall in Fort Lauderdale.
Yolo: a Las Olas place to see and be seen.
Lobster Bar: another Las Olas restaurant that heats up with a lot of younger women looking for men with money. Play your cards right and you can score pretty easily here.
There are literally hundreds of more spots you can meet people for hook ups in Miami. They don’t call it “The Magic City” for nothing.
Of course, if you want to cherry pick and have a woman meet you there that you know will get down and dirty with you, make sure to sign up for a hook up app. Miami is one of the best places to meet smoking hot women, and many of them are exotic dancers who sign up for the apps to meet people, get leads, and convert. I’ve never seen a market with so many women who are out there, ready to have fun, that are complete smoke shows. Don’t believe me? Try the free ones and then move on to the top rated paid adult dating apps.
Strip Clubs in Miami
Miami is home to some of the best strip clubs in the USA! The best strip clubs in Miami include Deans Gold, Eleven, and Tootsies, although there is no shortage of other places you’ll have a great time at. Everything from the dirty, cheap Latin clubs tucked away in barrios and dangerous neighborhoods, to the upscale Eleven, you’ll find it all in Miami. It seems like strippers in Miami always try to one-up one another by seeing who can have the biggest lips, butt, and breasts. It’s seriously like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
Gay and Lesbian Clubs in Miami
South Beach is known for being a very popular place with the gay crowd. Gays and lesbians have no problems in Miami and there are many options as far as bars, night clubs, and even after hours clubs.
Swingers Clubs in Miami
You’ll find that the swingers scene in South Florida is pretty abundant when compared to other markets. The largest one is called Miami Velvet, and it claims to be Florida’s largest “on premise” swingers club. It’s second to none, and attracts talent from Key West up to Palm Beach Gardens, and of course everywhere in between. People visit from out of town to check out this club, which is open Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday Nights. They also have monthly theme parties and bring in a lot of A-List names, in pure Miami style.
Membership prices are all around the spectrum here, have a look at these prices.
Miami STD Rate
Unfortunately, the STD rates are staggering in the Miami area. According to the local Broward paper, the Sun Sentinel, Miami and Fort Lauderdale have the highest rates of new HIV cases in the nation on a per capita basis.
The report detailed a study that was based off of a Centers for Disease Control report which had the below rates for each respective city:
- Miami: 47 per 100,000
- Fort Lauderdale: 41 per 100,000
Doubling Los Angeles and even New York City, this is a pretty staggering figure. Bottom line, wrap it up when you visit the 305 and 954!
It shouldn’t be alarming, as the South Florida area in general has been a hotbed for diseases and prostitution. It wasn’t many years ago when prostitutes used to roam Biscayne Boulevard day and night, looking for business. While street walkers are still a thing in Miami, its’ mostly confined to South Beach and the areas around Calle Ocho and Flager, near Little Havana. This isn’t to say it’s not abundant in other areas, but those seem to be the hot spots.
The Bottom Line on Sex in Miami
This is a point of view from my lens, Casual Sex Calvin. I find Miami to be a place to get down and dirty, and sometimes hook up with women that your friends back home can’t even fathom. The amount of talent in South Florida is indescribable, and not many people understand that the menu is similar to that of a Cheesecake Factory – you just have too many options.
You can use the swipe apps like Tinder, Tinder alternatives, and Bumble, or the adult oriented sex apps, and totally generate leads in this market. This market is NOT a place to bring your Christian Singles or eHarmony app, because it’s just not what goes on here. You can meet women in hotel lobby bars (there are 100’s if not 1000’s of gorgeous hotels, resorts, and spas), dive bars, or swanky lounges. The opportunities are endless, adn the game is never ending.
Cubans, Argentinians, Colombians, Venezuelans, Russians, Ukrainians, Nicaraguans….the list goes on, and on, and on.